Wednesday, August 20, 2014

3 Days Down!

Oh yeah.  Now I remember how tired I get after schooling all morning and then trying to get everything else done in the afternoon.  It's all coming back!
The first "First Day of School" picture I've ever taken
The teacher is important too!
As is Hubby starting his big push of 18 months of school without a break
But the first three days have been good.  No meltdowns,  which is always a plus.  School work getting done on time and still leaving time for play.  Except for today when I failed to see the last subject I was supposed to do with #2.  Good thing she reminded me.  Once about 45 minutes before lunch.  When I thanked her and told her I would be there as soon as I finished what I was working on.  And then 30 minutes later when I wandered into the living room thinking about starting lunch and saw her patiently waiting for me at the school table.   Yeah.....
This fits our family personality better than a posed picture
#1 has enjoyed her first two science experiments.  I dislike science.  Always have.  Which is why she's in 7th grade and she's probably already doubled the amount of experiments she's done in her whole school life.  It's all about the independent learning folks!
Traditional first day of school cinnamon rolls.  Apparently doing it once counts as a tradition and therefore must be continued each year!
#2 is loving that she finally gets to start typing.  She's done some every day.
This is what a non-artsy person's welcome back sign looks like!
#3 is wondering why she has so much more work than last year.  We can't all stay in 1st grade forever!  Although, she did ask if she could do spelling more than once a week.
One subject, two kids.  At least they can put it all up by themselves now!
1/2 price floats at Sonic.  Sure, why not celebrate surviving the second day of school!
#4 is loving the books I have for her.  Rod and Staff has some awesome preschool books.  She is also constantly asking to do school on the computer.  So I downloaded some apps for her.  I do what I have to retain some sanity!  In my defense, I do read to her a lot too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment